I was looking for a new house in central Gurgaon but was pressed for time. Property portals were confusing with varied prices for same property and property consultants just wanted us to come down and start seeing the properties without sharing much info. Also spam calls in middle of meetings from various deals was irritating.
Flats and keys acted as a life savior. They took very detailed understanding of our requirements. Shared a presentation on all properties evaluated with their recommendations. Showed us properties which were a complete fit, helped us negotiate the best deal, did property verification and did all the documentation Hassel free without taking much of our time. Thanks to team Flats and Keys for such a wonderful experience. Wish you guys success.
One of the lately developed areas, Dwarka sub city is positioned in South-West Delhi and is in close proximity to the corporate hubs of Gurgaon. Dwarka was recently accorded as the largest suburb and residential area in Asia. A few areas of it fall under the colony of ‘Pappan Kalan’ which is experiencing development under the ‘Urban Expansion Projects’ of the Delhi Development Authority. It is also identified as one of the largest residential areas in Asia and has a ‘Zero Tolerance’ policy towards general misuses of land, infringements or illegal usage of property. Dwarka has the most developed network of roads as compared to any other area in Delhi NCR and only few congestion problems unlike other areas adjoining it. It is also referred to as the ‘Model Township’ owed to its most systematized, well planned and ‘Clean & Green’ policies that make it a favored residential area of Delhi and nearby settlements. Known for its wide and well laid road network which easily connects it to other parts of the Capital City, it was chiefly developed as a primary residential township; however, it also has commercial complexes which cater to the business needs of people as well as structured shopping galleries, eateries and cafes, departmental stores which cater to all the daily needs of the populaces. Dwarka is well connected to Central Delhi and Noida via blue line of DMRC. It is considered an ideal location because of its close proximity to Airport and the new corporate hubs of Aerocity.
Attractions in Dwarka
Education and Health:
- Dwarka has India’s first Science and Technology Park, Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology.
- Seven Sports Complexes have been planned in Dwarka out of which one has been constructed by DDA and is fully functional in Sector 11.
- Construction of a Golf Course has been proposed.
- Modern Healthcare and Education Facilities
- Airport Express Metro Line
- Dwarka Expressway, which originates from Dwarka and connects Palam Vihar and SEZ’s in Gurgaon to join NH8.
- There is also a proposal for Delhi’s 5th largest ISBT at Sector 23.
Entertainment and Others:
- Eros Metro Mall, sector 14
- Numerous 5-star and 7-star hotels have been planned across the sub city
- The Park Hotel at Sector 13
- Vivanta by Taj Hotels
- Central Green (Bharat Vandana Park)
- New Delhi’s second diplomatic enclave after Chanakya Puri will come up in Sectors 26 to 29. The diplomatic enclave will have embassies of at least 39 nations.
- India’s largest Exhibition and Convention Center to be built by DLF in Sector 24
- Kargil Housing (Vijay Veer Awas)
- Defense, SPG & CRPF Complex
- Socio — Cultural Center
- International Convention Centre
Dwarka is positioned in southwest Delhi in the locale of Indira Gandhi International Airport. It is surrounded by Outer Ring Road, Najafgarh Road, NH8, Pankha Road, and the Rewari railway line. It is at a very quick distance from Gurugram. Distance of Dwarka from other places is
- IGI Airport – 4 Km
- Dhaula Kuan – 10 Km
- Nehru Place – 24 Km
- ISBT – 25 Km
- Gurugram – 22 Km
- India Gate – 15 Km
- Connaught Place – 18 Km
- Old Delhi Railway Station – 23 Km
Road: Dwarka has a strong and well-connected road network constructed to modern specifications to each of its sectors and surrounding areas.
North: While entering from the north direction, one can find a 45-meter-wide road connecting Pankha Road for which the work was completed, and the road opened for the public in 2007.
West: While entering from the west, there is a 60-meter-wide road connecting Najafgarh Road was constructed. East: While entering from the east, there is a 45-meter-wide road through Cantonment area with a fly-over near Palam.
South: While entering from the southeast, there is a 60-meter-wide road from NH-8 (with a rail underpass).
Metro: Dwarka is expected to be connected to Gurgaon by metro soon due to its close proximity to the NCR town. A special metro line known as the Airport Express line has also connected Dwarka to the Indira Gandhi International Airport. It is well linked by metro rail with the city center and other major parts of the city.
Residential Sectors: Each of the residential sectors has been planned to be a self-contained community and has been constructed for a populace of around 30,000 each. Area of each sector is approximately 81 ha. Every sector is bounded from all sides by of 45 and 60-meters wide roads. A network of cycle tracks and pedestrian pathways has been planned within each sector which will link the housing clusters and their facilities within each sector.
The hierarchy of road system adopted in Dwarka sub-city is as follows:
- Express way 100 Meters
- Primary roads 60 Meters
- Primary Collector 45 Meters
- Secondary Collector 30 Meters
- Local Streets -20 Meters and 12 Meters
- Cycle track-12 Meters
Dwarka has observed an immense retail boom in the past few years with major brands booming in the sub city. The price of commercial space has risen steeply in recent times and is expected to rise further as more and more middle and upper class residents are beginning to move in.
- The commercial hub of the city has been developed along the proposed Metro Railway line in a linear format.
- Until recently, the commercial region in Dwarka consisted of two major markets in sector 6 and 10. Newer markets like Ashirwad Chowk – which is the juncture of sectors 4, 5, 11, and 12, have recently mushroomed.
- Sector 20 and 21 (Metro Mall) are the new Booming Sectors in Dwarka for Commercial activity.
- The location of the district center is of distinct implication, since this is the major work and commercial center in Dwarka.
Metro is the major mover of the people within Dwarka area. There are 10 Metro stations in the Dwarka sub-city. Bus based public transport system is also one of the primary modes of transportation for the people in Dwarka. The basic road network has been envisaged both to supplement and compliment the metro system.
- Main D TC Bus Routes operating in and out of Dwarka are 578, 764, 717, 721, 722, 724E, 752, 761, 778, 801, RL-75, RL-77, RL-79 etc
Social Infrastructure in Dwarka is also an important thing to be taken care of while looking for a property. Proper Water Supply is promised by the proposed water treatment plant at Bakrawala in the vicinity of Dwarka. Reliable sewage treatment plant touching Najafgarh drain will carry treated discharge for disposal. Storm Water Drain assures proper drainage system and helps to raise the water-table of the surrounding area and can also be used for water sports etc. Solid Waste Disposal system is executed by modern and urbane technology. Uninterrupted Electricity is ensured in the area by Mega Power plants.
Dwarka has a booming market for real estate. It was initially developed as the idyllic residential township, post which a multitude of developers very eagerly started projects in that area. To this day, there are evolving gated societies and residential townships all over the place. The center of growth in Dwarka is the Dwarka Expressway. Capital Appreciation is highly likely in this area.